product review:shea moisture coconut & hibiscus curl enhancing smoothie

Tuesday, February 23, 2016



I bought this product from the zedhairequest blog at k165 if my memory serves me right.Its a 12oz/340mls jar.

Ingredients
deionized water,shea butter,coconut oil,macadamia seed oil,mango seed butter,avocado oil,vegetable glycerin,aloe vera leaf extract,silk protein,ammonium salt,neem seed oil,carrot seed oil,sorbitol esters,panthenol(pro-vitamin B-5),caprylyl glycol,essential oil blend,honeysuckle flower,japanese honeysuckle flower extract,vitamin E,hibiscus flower extract.

Claim
Our curl enhancing smoothie,enriched with silk protein and neem oil,defines curls,reduces frizz and smoothes hair for a soft,silky feel.
Coconut and neem oils restore moisture and create brilliant shine.Nutrient-rich vegetable butters condition hair without weighing it down for bouncy,healthy curls.



How i used the product and results
1.I used it on wet hair after deep conditioning as part of my LCO(liquid,cream,oil) method type of moisturising.It did help moisturise my hair but not for long as i had to re-moisturise after a day which is usually not the case when i use my DIY whipped shea butter.this is of course understood because its a cream and its lighter compared to the whipped shea  which is a butter and its thicker and oily therefore it helps lock in moisture for longer.That aside,would not recommend someone using this product this way.
2.I also used this product on dry hair as a moisturiser and a styler and i must
 say,i really really loved it this way.I lightly spritz my hair with water,applied the cream and topped it with an oil and my hair was soft for days.


-Did it define my curls?not really.
-Reduced frizz and smoothed my hair for a soft and silky feel?hell yes lol
-restored moisture and created a brilliant shine?yes
-conditioned my hair without weighting it down for bouncy,healthy curls?yes
It also has a really nice coconut smell and has a thick consistency kinda like a deep conditioner.

Verdict
I loved this product and i will be repurchasing it.








Have a blessed day.
sheila.




You Might Also Like

0 comments